What is included in our Flat Rate Legal Fee for a Purchase:
- One FREE remote signing appointment.
- Review of Agreement of Purchase & Sale
- Review of Amendments and Waivers
- Review of Status Certificate, if applicable
- Access to your lawyer & law clerk via phone and email
- Review of insurance binder
- Preparation of legal documentation for closing.
- Review of lender/bank first mortgage instructions
- Preparation of first mortgage legal documentation
- Title Insurance, up to $500,000 of coverage
- Up to $100 of title and writ searches
- All internal disbursements such as any software transaction fees, paper, faxes and long distance telephone charges
- Registration of the Transfer and registration of one mortgage
What is NOT included in our Flat Rate Legal Fee for a Purchase:
- Title insurance coverage over $500,000, click here to obtain a quote
- Title and writ searches after the first $100
- Harmonized Sales Tax
- Ontario or Municipal Land Transfer Tax (LTT), click here to determine the LTT
- Courier fees
- Wire fees or any other miscellaneous payouts that incur a fee
- Our flat rate legal fee applies to a residential single-family dwelling on city services, being vacant on closing with one first mortgage and no other encumbrances or liens on title.
- Additional charges apply to investment properties, commercial properties, occupancy closings, lines of credit or additional mortgages/lines of credit, bridge-loans or any other matter beyond the scope of a standard real estate transaction. Click here more information.
‡ Ontario Land Transfer Tax and Toronto Municipal Land Transfer Tax (where applicable) payable upon registration of transfer.